There are so many great sites dedicated to deer hunting, sites that have a great deal of helpful tips, videos, stories, equipment reviews etc. This is a list of some of our favorite top whitetail deer hunting websites that we like to visit in no particular order. Some of these may not be strictly deer hunting sites but still have great deer hunting resources never the less.
List of Top Whitetail Deer Hunting Websites
- Bowhunting.com– This is one of my favorite deer hunting websites by far. They have an awesome blog and my great resources for bow hunting whitetails.
- HuntingLife.com– They have great gear reviews, a blog, videos and much more.
- Wideopenspaces– Lots of great deer hunting news, tips, stories.
- Deer & Deer Hunting– Great whitetail deer hunting resource for hunting articles, videos, and hunting information.
- BUCKMASTERS– Buckmasters is a great source for everything deer hunting. What can you say but Jackie Bushman and the crew have got a great website for everything deer hunting.
- Wired to Hunt– Great site for news, stories, videos and has a great podcast.
- Outdoor Life– Has been a great resource for hunting news and stories for years.
- Mike Hanback’s Big Deer– Mike has a great blog and Mike is host of Big Deer TV.
- North American Whitetail-If you like big bucks North American whitetails has them.
- Deerhunting.ws– Awesome resource for hunting videos.
- Midwest Whitetail-Top notch deer hunting site. It just doesn’t get any better than Midwest Whitetails when it comes to big bucks websites.
- Get Muddy Hunting Blog-Great deer hunting products, and blog with great stories.
- Bowhunting.net-One of my favorite websites. They have online bow hunts, great articles, videos etc.
- Morning Moss-Great hunting blog with photos, videos, stories etc.
- Deer Hunting Field Blog-Hunting blog with great tips and product reviews.
- Raised Hunting Blog– They have a blog and they offer camps to teach young hunters hands on and informative curriculum to become better hunters.
- Bucks Bulls Bears Blog-Great hunting blog.
- Realtree– Awesome site with a blog up to date news,videos, products and much more.
- Bone Collector-Another awesome site with a great blog and products.
- Whitetail Properties-Great resource to find hunting land for sale.
- Bowsite.com-Awesome website that has forums, classifieds, oufitters and much more.
- Wired Outdoors-Semi live outdoors hunting show.
- DeerBuilder.com-Food plot and habitat improvement for whitetail deer.
- Outdoorzy.com-Hunting news, tips, photos and videos.
- Pope & Young Club-One of Americas leading bow hunting and conservation organizations.
- Hunting In The USA-Lots of great post on hunting.
- Boone and Crockett Club-Oldest conservation organization in North America.
- Growingdeer.tv-Hunting advice and tips for serious hunters.
- Skinny Moose-Hunting and fishing and outdoor blog network.
- Wild Ed’s Texas Outdoors-Hunting blog.
- Windedbowhunter.com-Outdoor and hunting blog.
- Backwoods Life– Host Michael Lee and Kevin Knighton have some great episodes.
As you can see these are some great top whitetail deer hunting websites listed here. Go check them out and tell them we sent you. We hope you all are having a great deer season and remember to take someone hunting that might not be able to otherwise.
Kansas buck watching doe.
Well, it has turned cold here in Kentucky and the whitetail deer rut report has been the same from most of my friends in different states. The bucks are moving good and chasing does hard the past couple of weeks. I’ve seen some really nice bucks being taken from several different states.
Whitetail Deer Rut Report
I have heard of several nice bucks being killed in Kentucky the past two weeks and all of them were chasing or following does. One of my friends got up late and headed to his stand around 8 am and encountered 3 bucks chasing does while heading to his stand. He was able to make a good shot on the third buck which ended up scoring 166″. The same day his hunting buddy killed a nice 10 pointer chasing a doe on the same lease. Another friend of mine killed a very nice big 12 pointer in Kentucky and he was chasing a doe as well.
These bucks are in pursuit of this doe in heat.
I got a deer hunting update from Kansas, Missouri, Georgia and Illinois and the weather is cold and the big bucks are chasing does. A friend of mine in Georgia sent me some pictures of a 150″ buck he is after but he hasn’t gotten him yet. Although he is getting daylight trail camera pictures of him. I just love this time of year seeing all the big bucks taken and hearing all the stories about how they got them.
How about where you hunt? What has the rut action been like for you? Send us some pictures of your bucks and share your whitetail deer rut report with us. We would love to hear how your season is going where you hunt. Hopefully everyone is having a fun safe deer season and either getting some meat or killing that trophy buck of a lifetime or just enjoying time spent in the great outdoors with family and friends. It’s the most wonderful time of the year.
Nice buck on public deer hunting land.
There is a lot of really good public deer hunting land out there. I grew up hunting public land and it has it’s pros and it cons but if you are willing to do some work you can find some really good spots to hunt. I am actually planning on hunting some public land in Kentucky this deer season and I can’t wait. I just wanted to list some quick links that are great resources for public hunting land that give you all the information you may need when researching to find public deer hunting land. Hopefully these will be helpful to some of you looking for information on different states public hunting areas.
Public Deer Hunting Land
The following are links to help you find information on different states public wildlife management areas etc.
These are some good links to start looking for information on public deer hunting land. If you do a little research you can find some really good places to hunt. The thing is when hunting public land is you have to be willing to get off the beaten path and go where the other hunters are not willing to go. Sometimes that may mean putting in extra work by getting further back in the woods where the hunting pressure isn’t so heavy. Those big bucks didn’t get big by being dumb. The heavier the pressure the harder they are to kill. So find locations where other hunters aren’t willing to go and that’s where the big boys will be hanging out. When researching places to hunt look for areas that have food water and cover and a past history of big bucks being taken there. I’m not going to lie, it is not always a bed of roses when hunting public land. I’ve had hunters come in and climb up a tree 75 feet away from where I was already set up in a tree and I’m shining my flashlight at him to let him know I’m there and he hunts there anyway. To say the least I was frustrated that morning. That being said, if you are willing to do your homework and get back in them woods you can find your buck of a lifetime hunting public land. I’m going to try and do just that this year hunting in Kentucky.