Whitetail deer hunting videos can be tough to get when filming mature bucks.
I was looking at whitetail deer hunting videos on YouTube and thought it would be fun to share my top 10 whitetail deer hunting videos. There are so many to choose from but these are a few of my favorites.
Whitetail Deer Hunting Videos
- First on my whitetail deer hunting videos list would have to be one that I just happened to film. Some of you may have heard about a buck we were after we named “Horn Donkey”, he was a very special buck that I honestly believe would have been very close to being a possible Kansas state record typical with a bow. Although it didn’t quite turn out like we had hoped, it’s still some awesome footage of a very special buck. You can click the following link to read the full story on Horn Donkey.
- This is one of my all time favorite deer hunting videos, just crazy to watch this whole hunt unfold. Dylan shoots this very nice buck and then another nice buck comes in and starts attacking it. This has been one of my favorites for years. One Huge Kansas Buck with another one coming to visit.
- This is some awesome footage of just an amazing Kansas Giant buck, this is one we all dream about seeing one day. My wife and father-in-law saw a buck of this caliber a few years ago while driving to town here in Kansas. I can’t imagine seeing a buck like this in the wild.
- Bowhunting.com is one of my favorite websites and this video is of a great big Illinois buck that took a lot of hard work and determination to get him. The hunter surely earned this big monster.
- Spook Spann took “The largest fair-chase whitetail ever taken on film” that didn’t lack controversy. The buck in this short but amazing footage is just an incredible whitetail deer.
“192″ Boone and Crockett buck with a bow“, the title says it all. The hunters reaction after shooting this huge whitetail is priceless. When it all comes together and all the hard work pays off it can get a little emotional.
“210″ inch Giant whitetail buck with 11″ drop tine” awesome footage of a brute of a whitetail.
- “Whitetail Boone and Crockett Buck ?” Check out this buck filmed near Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. What a huge world class whitetail deer. I can’t believe there have only been 79 views of this video.
- “Giant 184″ 21 point whitetail by: Aaron Law” This one starts off kind of crazy these guys are throwing peanuts out of the tree onto deer, then this huge Kentucky buck comes in making scrapes and the hunter makes a great bow shot.
- “2013 Kansas Monster Buck With Bow BBD” This is a great Kansas whitetail deer hunting video, these guys do a great job loved the second angle of the shot.
Filming hunting adventures can be a lot of hard work and can be tough. Most of my hunts are filmed and I know just how hard it can be to even see a buck like one of these much less get it on film with good light. It just makes me appreciate the footage in these videos even more. I hope you enjoyed a few of my favorite whitetail deer hunting videos.
By Adam Doby
There are some really great whitetail deer hunting blogs. Just recently DHBB was mentioned with a few pretty darn good one’s in a post by Wide Open Spaces 7 Deer Hunting Blogs You Should Be Reading. We wanted to thank Wide Open Spaces for including DHBB in their article with these other great deer hunting blogs.
Deer Hunting Blogs
I just wanted to say it is an honor to be mentioned with some of the great whitetail deer hunting blogs like Outdoor Life’s Big Buck Zone, Field & Stream’s Whitetail 365, Deer & Deer Hunting, Wired To Hunt, Wired Outdoors, and Sole Adventure. They all are really good whitetail deer hunting blogs and we love visiting and reading all of them. I have been following Field & Stream and Outdoor Life and Deer & Deer Hunting for many years and Whitetail 365 and Big Buck Zone and Deer & Deer Hunting are some of my favorites.
When I started DeerHuntingBigBucks.com 7 years ago I had no idea what I was getting into I just knew deer hunting was my passion and being able to write about it is just a dream come true. There is just something about watching that sunrise on a cold frosty November morning and hearing the sounds of nature come alive as the sun comes up. A successful hunt is not always defined by getting big bucks, success could just be seeing that big smile on your sons face after he sees his first deer in the wild. Stuff like that makes writing a whitetail deer hunting blog worth every late night of hard work worth it.
Top Hunting Websites
DHBB was also mentioned in a post over at Hunting Insight that you can read here Top Hunting Websites. We wanted to say thanks to them for including us on this list of some great hunting websites. Hunting Insight has some great information on range finders and hunting optics so stop by and check them out.
What are some of your favorite deer hunting blogs?
The extreme winters have taken a toll on the deer throughout the mid west, as well as extreme drought conditions and EHD(Epizootic hemorrhagic disease).
By Adam Doby
As I was working at the Monster Buck Classic in Kansas this past January I just couldn’t help but notice that the big deer harvest numbers were down and the big bucks brought in and entered into the Monster buck contest just seemed to be down from the previous two years. Not that there weren’t some really nice bucks brought in, but the amount of them was just obviously down. I asked several others at the show if it was noticeable to them and they said yes. One of the outfitters I spoke with at the show told me in the fall of 2012 on a farm in Northeast Kansas they found seventeen dead bucks in one small pond.
I never found any dead deer but heard story after story of farmers and locals who did, one really nice drop tine buck was found in a pond about 450 yards from our house, just across the property line from where I hunt. I saw this video on YouTube and it just really hits home in seeing this, it’s not a very pretty thing to see the animals that we love and respect and want to help conserve getting wiped out by this awful damn disease.
Big Deer Harvest Numbers Down
I hunt in northeast Kansas and I run up to ten trail cameras throughout the season and the number of shooter bucks I get on those cameras has declined over the last couple of years, I believe caused by EHD (Epizootic hemorrhagic disease), drought, extreme winters, predators and over harvest in previous years. The drought and the cold winters have caused a decline in quality food sources but the main reason for the decline in the big deer harvest numbers I believe is EHD. As if EHD wasn’t bad enough Kansas made crossbows legal and even extended antler-less seasons, which neither of these made much sense to me at all, why would you add a crossbow season and extend antler-less seasons when your deer herd was obviously hurting? I don’t know maybe I’m wrong, what do you think?
The big deer harvest numbers are down all across the heartland and there are a lot of people talking about it and Bill Winke of MidWest Whitetail recently wrote an article on his blog after attending the Iowa Deer Classic about the big bucks harvest numbers being down at the Iowa Deer Classic.
Mark Kenyon over at Wired To Hunt recently wrote an article about the QDMA for the first time is convening a “North American Whitetail Summit” to discuss ways to combat this recent trend in whitetail populations.
I sure hope the deer population will rebound, but this winter in the mid west has been brutal and I sure hope this summer isn’t as dry as it has been the last couple of years. Whitetails are amazing creatures and seem to adapt to many strenuous conditions, I just wish they could catch a break this summer and have a mild moist summer. Only time will tell. The stress they have gone through lately makes me appreciate them more and more everyday.
Has there been cases of EHD where you hunt lately?